Monday, February 29, 2016

Trying to Pick Up Where I Left Off

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. I believe we got up to the 60's here in the Midwest. After a long morning of grocery shopping and cleaning up the house my daughter begged to go for a run and stop at the park. Now, it's been such a long time since I've gone for a run. I'm thinking October, maybe November. I wasn't really looking forward to it. I'm a lot slower than I used to be. I mean much much slower. When I look at my time, it puts me down. Really 2 miles in 30 minutes! I used to be able to run a 5k in less than that. Now I didn't take into account, that the wind was 35 miles/hour, nor the fact that I was pushing a stroller that had 20lbs in it. The run was hard. I literally felt like I was going to give myself a heart attack. I know that one day I will get back to where I used to be. I shouldn't be hard on myself. It took me a long time to get to 10 minute miles, I know not fast for many runners, but fast for me. I'm going to take it one day at a time. Right now I plan on running 3x per week. Once I get back into the grove of things I'm hoping to going back to running 4 days week, with Saturdays being my long runs. Will I be running a half marathon in the near future? That's still up in the air. Hey I'm trying to run a 5k without dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment