Monday, December 19, 2016

Sickness, Who Has Time For That?

As busy people, we don't have time to be sick. It's hard and I think it especially harder on a mom. For about the past week in a half we have battled sickness in the home. It all started with the toddler getting sick. Over a week ago she woke up and throw up all over the bed. It was not fun. At first I thought it was the spaghetti I had made, but no one else got sick. As she started to feel better, I started to feel worse. My stomach did not feel right. I was nauseated and my stomach made weird noises (tmi?), but nothing else. Then the baby daddy came down with the full blown stomach flu, and last the 9 year old. It was not fun.

This week we're all pretty much back to "normal". We ventured out last Sunday to see Santa. It was the first time that we all got out the house to do something fun. I was worried that the toddler wouldn't like the man and I feared how she would react. I also feared for what my 9 year old would say. For the past few years she has been questioning if there's any truth to Santa. I think she knows that Santa isn't real, but still plays along with me. Next year I will sit with her and break the news. It makes me sad because she's quickly growing up.



I haven't been working out as much either. I just felt too tired and pained. Yesterday I finally did some yoga to get my muscles stretched out and it felt great! Today I'm hoping to get some strength training in and then wake up tomorrow morning at 5am to get a quick run in. I haven't gained any weight (it's so easy for me to gain), but it's probably because I was sick. I do feel stressed to the max, but I blame that on the no exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment