Monday, November 21, 2016

Jogging with a Stroller

Although it's November, the weather has been decent here in the Midwest. Temps have been in the 60's, which I think is rare for this time of year. A few of my friends shared their "On this day" pictures from a year ago and it looked like we already had snow. I don't remember, as last year at this time, I was dealing with a new baby who didn't like to sleep. Funny, at almost a year and a half, she still doesn't like to sleep.

Since the weather hasn't been horrible, I've been wanting to run outdoors as much as possible. With little ones that can get a bit difficult. My oldest usually rides her bike along side me. I begged the man to buy a jogging stroller when we found out we were expecting. I've only used it once in the youngest 1.5 years of life. I decided it was time to put it to good use. Jogging with a stroller isn't easy.

I decided that I would complete a two mile run and take walking breaks if needed. I also decided to take it slow. I read up on how to run with a jogging stroller and many articles stated to keep to the road which I did. Makes since roads are usually less bumpy and your risk of fallen or tipping the stroller over is less than if you were to run on a sidewalk. I also kept to an area I knew well and I knew there would be no hills. I can't imagine running up a hill pushing a stroller with 20+ lbs in it.  I still have to practice my form with a stroller. As for the baby I dressed her for the weather. No blankets. Those can fall and trip you over. I brought a snack just in case she needed a break. She did not. She was very content.  I know the weather will turn bad here in the next couple of weeks, so our time with the jogging stroller is limited, I'm going to try and enjoy as much as I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment