Monday, April 10, 2017

Let's Catch Up for the Millionth Time

Where should I begin? Let's talk about my least favorite thing going on in my life right now. Buying a house! or at least trying to. You would think I would love it. I mean who doesn't love trying to pick out their new home. The market is horrible right now. Once a house goes up, if it's not sold within the same day, it is on the next. We know that eventually we will find our "perfect" home, but gosh darn it, I wish that was sooner than later.

One of the many great things happening in my life right now, is my running. I've slowly have been getting back on track. My speed still isn't where I would like for it to be, but I'm getting there. I'm running 3x per week and trying to do strength training in between. My 5ks are getting faster! I ran one last week under 33 minutes and I was excited. I really think I could have ran it faster if it wasn't so windy. I need to figure out how to correctly do speed work. My "speed work" consists of running super fast for about a minute and then slowing down for 2 and repeating.  I'm hoping to run a half marathon in June, but I haven't signed up yet. I did sign up for a 5 de Mayo race with my oldest. She's been wanting to run a race and I think it would be a fun one for us to do.


Life will start getting busy here again. My oldest starts soccer tomorrow, if the yucky weather stays away! It's officially Spring here. Bring on the April Showers. Honestly I don't mind the rain, however, I would mind it less if I didn't have to go anywhere. I went back to work today after having a week off. We were supposed to go out of town for vacation but plans changed when the Baby Daddy vacation was retracted. Oh well. It was still nice. I can honestly say I went back to work relaxed. We stayed home most of the time and did some remodeling/cleaning/downsizing/etc at home. Once we find our new home, we are hoping to rent our current one out. Hope you enjoy some of our pictures from our "stay-cation"





No comments:

Post a Comment